- Middle Grade, YA and Adult
- Audio, Print and Ebooks (with a strong print book preference)
- Children’s Books
- Interactive Media Books
- I will be very selective when it comes to self published/indie books.(Doesn’t mean you can’t try though!)
- Fantasy and Sci-Fi
- Paranormal Romance
- Urban Fantasy
- Fairy Tale/Myth Retellings
- New Adult Romance (on occasion. Not usually my genre.)
- Historical Romance (Shamefully I do prefer bodice rippers/man chest cover type romances. We all have our vices. Don’t judge me.)
- Political Issue Books
If I accept a book with the promise of a review, I WILL post a review, usually in a timely fashion.
However, if you have a review post date in mind, I normally won’t accept unless I’m receiving the book at least one month prior to the review date. (You can always ask, especially if it’s a release date time constraint, but I do prefer a little wiggle room, time wise.)
I try to review every book I read, whether it was sent to me or I own the book myself.
I will post a review on both my blog and goodreads, though the goodreads review will likely be shorter and to the point, with a link to the full review on my blog.
If I received and ebook from a site like edelweiss or netgalley, I will also strive to review it there, also with a link to the full review.
I can promise to write an honest review, but I cannot promise to write a positive review. I will, however, be sure to explain, in detail, what it is about the book that did not work for me.
I rarely DNF (Did-Not-Finish) a book, but on the off chance that I do, I will also make a review type post, explaining what caused me to put the book down, if I hope to pick it back up, how far into the book I read, etc.
Review/ Rating Structure
Reviews will contain:
- A small author photo and bio. (I strive to ask for permission before using the author’s photo. Feel free to email one, along with a bio if you’re sending a book to me for review.)
- Cover Art
- Book Description from Goodreads, if possible.
- Release date and how/where I received the book.
- My review. (Will include thoughts on the writing, plot, world building, characters, ending, etc.)
- Rating (Ratings will be out of five. Half ratings may be used.)
-This book just didn’t do it for me. Definitely won’t continue the series, if there is one.
– There was a much larger number of things I didn’t like about this book, but it did have a few redeeming qualities.
– This one was alright. Nothing special, but nothing horrible either. Would certainly consider checking the series/author out further.
– This book did very little wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will certainly read more of this series or author in the future!
– This was ABSOLUTE perfection! I have absolutely nothing to complain about and will certainly reread this in the future!
– Not only was this a perfect five star rating and a need-to-own-it book, it has earned a place on my favorite books of the year list!